Friday 18 April 2014

That Time of Year

It's been a funny old week really... but it is that time of year.

Although, I have to say, Easter seems to be a little different than usual.  Perhaps it's because it's a bit later than other years?  Who knows.

Anyway... as to why it's different.  Well, it's just so... busy.

It's really strange.  Not that it's busy but because the roads a re quieter like they always are during the holiday periods but I can't actually work out who's off work.

I called Teresa Jackson from www.icomplete.com earlier and asked tentatively whether she was working.  She sounded generally surprised.  'Of course!  Why wouldn't I be?'

Well, because it's Good Friday sprung to mind but I kept stum.

I subbed at a BNI meeting this morning and the room was packed... there were a few people on holiday but they'd all managed to get substitutes and business was passed.

And then it dawned on me.  I really do think the recovery is taking proper hold.  People seem to be doing business more and more and confidence is returning.  It's even manifested itself to us in the TaxAssist business here in Corstorphine.

January is usually our busiest month in terms of work completed, new customers signed and cash generated.  In 2014, January was as ballistic as it always is... perhaps even more so.  But what's really extraordinary is that March has been just as busy as January; at least in terms of new customers who have joined us.

It's brilliant.

Long may it continue is what I say, but I have a hint of nervousness about it, too.  Me saying it's the long awaited recovery is simply that... Me saying it.  I have no proof of what I'm saying, just a feeling.

What if it's something else?

I don't think it is, but what if it is?

As you can see, my self doubt has reached a crescendo so I need your help.

Can you see the recovery happening?  Is business on the up or is it just because the sun is shining and it's a bit warmer that I'm looking at the world with rose tinted glasses?

Answers on a post card from the beach would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment